Salt Lake Bees 4 (Angels), Las Vegas 51s 3 F/11 (24-37) Box Score
- SS Amed Rosario 2 for 5, RBI .340/.381/.500
- 1B Dominic Smith 2 for 5, 2B, RBI .323/.373/.480
- 2B Gavin Cecchini 1 for 4 .255/.319/.353
Rosario has reached base safely in his last 25 games, but even though he homered the day before, since May 24th has struck out nearly 28% of the time. Dominic Smith is on a hot streak, 10 for his last 21 with a double. He is being outslugged by Rosario. Cecchini is starting to pick up, hitting .316 in his last 10 games with a homer and 3 doubles.
Richmond Flying Squirrels 6 (Giants), Binghamton Rumble Ponies 3 (32-22) Box Score
- 2B Luis Guillorme 1 for 3, BB .286/.339/.325
- C Tomas Nido 2 for 4, HR, 2B .268/.309/.444
- RF Kevin Kaczmarski 0 for 3, 2 K .288/.376/.388
Guillorme has gotten cold since starting out hot earlier in the year. Tomas Nido has a .176 Isolated Slugging Percentage, that is excellent. He also has not struck out since May 21st. Kaczmarski is hitting .368 in his last 10 games.
Oswalt, who has been surprisingly superb, and was likely facing promotion after the Double-A All Star game left after one inning, feeling “discomfort”. Oh no. Taylor had a 2.77 ERA in 9 relief appearances in May after having a 5.00 ERA in April to start the year.
Lakeland Flying Tigers 1 (Tigers, of course) St. Lucie Mets 0 (30-28) Box Score
- LF Yoenis Cespedes 0 for 4
- 3B Jhoan Urena 0 for 2, 2 BB, K .321/.412/.459
- DH Wuilmer Becerra 1 for 2, BB, K .267/.326/.369
This has been a disappointing year for Becerra, I hope he picks up in the second half, because he has a lot of potential. Urena has been excellent, and much more patient lately. Should have a report out on him soon.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt 5.2 IP, 3 H, ER, 2 BB, 6K 2.92 ERA
Crismatt or Marcos Molina may be two candidates to be called up earlier than the All Star break to replace Oswalt.
Columbia Fireflies 8 (32-25), Lexington Legends 0 (Royals) Box Score
- SS Andres Gimenez 0 for 3, 2 K .252/.320/.369
- 2B Michael Paez 1 for 5, K .303/.395/.504
- 1B Dash Winningham 2 for 4, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 2 K .259/.309/.452
- OF Desmond Lindsay 1 for 4, 3B, 2 K .191/.328/.349
- DH Tim Tebow 2 for 3, 2 2B, BB .226/.312/.351
Gimenez was replaced in the top of the 6th, and we hope it’s nothing too serious. Paez has been a breakout star, not bad for my first prospect profile. Winningham is having a revelation, hitting .319/.350/.604 in his last 100 plate appearances or so. Lindsay is starting to pick up, hitting .306 over his last 10 games with 2 doubles, a triple, and 3 homers.
- RHP Gary Cornish 6 ip, 3 h, BB, 4 K, 2.19 ERA
Cornish returns after a lengthy suspension of 50 games and pitches from 90-94 with an undefined breaker.
— Astro (@Astromets31) June 9, 2017
DSL Mets1 8 (2-3), DSL Phillies Red 5 Box Score
DSL Cubs2 6, DSL Mets2 6 F/11 (2-3) Box Score
(Photo by Ed Delany)
Keep following us for more on the Mets Minor Leagues!